Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Transfer Preview: Summer Window 09 - Part Two: Outs


PREDICTED OUTS


There are a lot of shitheads I had like to flog from our squad.

Miniero
I don't know how a person who was not considered to be good enough even as a back up in Hertha Berlin could end up at Chelsea?? Only one
man could make it possible. The one and only Felipao.. He even compared him with Makelele !!!! Anyways, thank god he was signed only for a year.

Price Expected: ZERO !!

Paulo Ferreira
I know many would like to argue the fact that he is a professional and doesn't complain about a lack of game-time. But for me he is way too ineffective. If there is one area we have excess personnel, then that is RIGHT BACK. We have Mancienne, Ivanovic and Belleti who are all better to be honest. In my opinon he would do a lot better in a mid table club where he could even be the 1st choice right back; maybe say a West Ham or Wigan.

Price Expected: 3-4 m and I would chew their hands off !!

Claudio Pizzaro
Never rated him and never will. His attitute stinks and in my honest opinon not the quality Chelsea need. Also, age is against him. Too bad, Off you go.

Price Expected: 5m to Werder

Deco
This was one flop I did not anticipate. I knew he had not had a great season with Barca the previous year. But still somehow I had a feeling he would want to prove everybody wrong by joinng Chelsea. I really dont know if its the injuries or his lack of motivation that made him look like shit on the pitch. He is 31 now and not gonna improve much from last year by any measure. Maybe it was just bad luck that so many injuries hampered his season. So off he goes as well

Price Expected: 5-7m at least

Henrique Hilario
I have not once seen him collect a single catch with confidence. He is a good shot stopper but very poor at set pieces and in commanding his area. So offload him unless we are paying him really low wages.

Price Expected: Zero

Michael Ballack
Hmm.. a tough one I have to agree. He is not one I want to readily part ways with. Somehow I see a very interesting character in him. He is a big personality in the dressing room and someone who handles the big games really well. Many may say he has had another poor season. True he hasnt scored a lot, but he has played in a very defensive role all season allowing lampard more freedom to roam. And to me he has had a good if not great year. I still think he is needed for maybe one more season until Obi matures a bit more.

Price Expected: Zero (His contract is up this summer and there is a 1 yr extension if both parties are OK with it.)

Ricardo Carvalho
Go ahead, slate me. I accept he is still a class player but think its time we shipped Riccy while we could still get some silly money on him. Real are apparently interested in him and I think 10m is something we can get from his sale. Ask yourselves, do you want Carvalho playing next year having Alex and Brainslav on the bench and unhappy or do you prefer getting some good money on Carvalho while Brainslav and Alex share the playing time? I know which one I would choose. There is no denying he still has a solid year or 2 left in him. But he is 31 and his value is only gonna decrease with time.

Price Expected: 10m (Come on, when Heinze could get 7m Ricky can easily get us 10 from the moneybags !!) And more importantly its Perez of the Galacticos era who is gonna become Real's next president so its definitely gettable.

Florent Malouda
This fella has had an incredible last month or two. Has matched his days from Lyon ever since Golden Guus took over. Guus had rightly made a point that people perform well when they are close to the end of season to merit their place in the team and I guess Malouda was one of those. Unfortunately for me, that is not the kind of attitude to have when you are paid 80 grand a week. So sod off I say and thanks for the good two months. You owed it to us fans anyways.

Price Expected: 11-12m - Juventus again :)

Juliano Belletti
A strict NO as far as Im concerned. He maybe 32 but he is one versatile player which is needed to complete a squad. Has enough experience not to make any stupid mistakes during a game. Can play across the midfield and also as a full back. A much better squad player in my opinion than Paulo. So NO, we need him.

Andriy Shevchenko
As much as I love this guy, I jus cant imagine him leading our attack. He was definitely a trier. He tried his best for us inspite of the severe criticism he got day in day out. A true professional and a true legend of the game. Would definitely be sad to see him go but alas he has to. That would reduce our wage bill a great deal.

Price Expected: 3-4m

Didier Drogba
Last but not he least, the most complex yet funny character in our dressing room. You never know whats going through his mind. A very passionate fella that is quite obvious from his actions. A big game performer. A good diver ;) we dont have much of this type !! Though Bosingwa made his audition against the Rovers yesterday :P Physically strong but off late has been missing 2 many chances which is what concerns me the most. His finishing prowess has been on a decline. And this could be the last season we could make some money off him. The problem offloading him would be his replacement.

Price Expected: 8-10m

RECOUP

How much do we recoup ?!? About 50m !!! Not bad I guess. An outlay of 50m net and we would be having an excellent squad for the next 3-4 seasons !!!! What say guys?? As usual, its all open for a debate...

HOPEFUL SQUAD

A good solid squad of 21-22 players with our youths stars filling the remaining slots to make it 30. I know I know.. Its all a dream !!! Nonetheless, a nice one to have :D

Forwards
Anelka Di Santo Carlitos (if Possible)
Wingers
J.Cole Kalou Ribery Stoch Sinclair
Midfield
Lampard Essien Obi Ballack Gourcuff
Defenders
Terry Alex Ivanovic Mancienne
Fullbacks
A.Cole Bosingwa Zhirkov Belleti Bertrand


Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Simran

0 comments on "Transfer Preview: Summer Window 09 - Part Two: Outs"

Add your comment. Please don't spam!
Subscribe in a Reader
:)) ;)) ;;) :D ;) :p :(( :) :( :X =(( :-o :-/ :-* :| 8-} :)] ~x( :-t b-( :-L x( =))

Post a Comment