Friday, May 22, 2009

Awards: Lampard wins Player of the Year


Frank Lampard has taken out Chelsea's highest accolade for the third time in a row, the first
time in CFC history.
PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Frank Lampard
'It feels great because of the amount of top quality players who have won this
award,'
'When I came here I never expected to win it three times at all, I
just wanted to establish myself, but getting this award and the recognition from
your own fans is a huge thing in football. I am absolutely delighted.'
PLAYER'S PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Ashley Cole
'I'm shocked but it's a great honour and I am very privileged to have got this
award, there are a lot of players who deserved it, but I am happy to collect
this award.
'It is always nice to get recognition from anyone but from your
players it means a lot more and I feel this year I could have done better, I could have scored a few goals, but I do feel the fittest I have ever felt and
playing as best as I have for Chelsea.'
YOUNG PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Michael Mancienne
The Young Player of the Year award was in association with adidas and was
selected by coaches Paul Clement and Ray Wilkins.
Michael Mancienne who
turned 21 this season and returned from loan at Wolves to make his Chelsea
first team debut was the winner.
The young defender is an England Under 21 regular and received a call
into the senior squad during the campaign.


GOAL OF THE YEAR
Michael Essien vs. Barcelona Semi Final 2nd Leg
'It is always good to win something,' 'We put effort in to win trophies and win personal trophies, so it is great. 'I meant to do it because when I saw the ball coming that was the only option that came to my mind, I tried to take it and I had a bit of luck. 'It is difficult to score those kinds of goals and you need a bit of luck.'




OTHER AWARDS
John Terry recieved a Special Commitment Award for his ten years service to the club, and a Special Recognition award was awarded by Peter Kenyon to CLIC Sargent, Chelsea's UK charity partner for the past four years.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Simran

0 comments on "Awards: Lampard wins Player of the Year"

Add your comment. Please don't spam!
Subscribe in a Reader
:)) ;)) ;;) :D ;) :p :(( :) :( :X =(( :-o :-/ :-* :| 8-} :)] ~x( :-t b-( :-L x( =))

Post a Comment